As a league, Wilshire Riverside Little League (WRLL) strives to make sure that the regular season offers as much opportunity for all players to experience baseball in a fair and equitable manner. When it comes to All-Star teams, WRLL wants to field the most competitive team it can for the All-Star tournament.
WRLL believes that it is important to include the players in the league in the selection process. All players need to have an opportunity to make the team regardless of: popularity, school affiliation, parental influence, manager prejudice, or because their parent is a WRLL Board Member.
As a result, our process includes player voting to select the first 4 players, and coach voting to select the next 6 players for the team. These votes also inform Post Season team coaches when they fill remaining slots on each team. Typically WRLL has 12 or 13 players on a team. Minimum playing time requirement is 1 at bat and zero innings in the field at each game (i.e. not all players will always play in the field, but everyone will get at least one at bat).
Please take note of the All-Star dates below and if you have any questions about the process please do not hesitate to contact a Board member.
WRLL will field the following teams as allowed by player and manager commitment
1) 10/11/12 Year Old (YO) Little League All Stars (can advance to Williamsport, PA)
2) 9/10/11 YO Tournament Team (can advance to State Championship)
3) 8/9/10 YO Tournament Team (can advance to State Championship)
4) 11/12/13 YO 50/70 Intermediate All Stars (can advance to Livermore, CA)
5) 10/11/12 YO Honors Team(s) (District Tournament operated by District 4)
6) 8/9/10 YO Honors Team(s) (District Tournament operated by District 4)
Postseason Tournament play is a serious commitment for players and parents. Please consider your summer vacation/camp schedule regarding this timeline below. The commitment to the team will involve daily practices (up to 2x/day) and weekend scrimmages prior to the Tournament.
May - Player Commitment Letter signed and returned to Player Agent
- Player and Coach voting occurs
June 1 - Teams may be announced
Early June - Postseason teams may began practice
Mid June - Honors Tournaments (generally after the last day of school)
Late June/Early July (over July 4th)
- District 1 Tournaments for 10-12YO, 9-11YO, and 8-10YO
Middle July - District 1 Tournament winners advance to State Championship